Health and Wellness
Tips and Education
Visit the Toronto Health Blog for health information and comments on health topics important to everyone.
Simple health tips for busy individuals.
Dr. Ormond is a chiropractor dedicated to providing clients with natural, effective, evidence based health care in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Services include: chiropractic treatment; soft tissue therapy; medical acupuncture; custom orthotic inserts and shoes; and rehabilitation. Posture advice to support the spine and relieve stress is a key element in patient care success.
Dr. Ormond's 10 General Tips for a Healthy Back
- Exercise regularly.
- Follow a healthy diet.
- Maintain good posture as much as possible.
- Do an active warm up before activity and stretch after.
- Don't overload your backpack or shoulder bag.
- Stretch your legs and back after each hour of sitting.
- Never cradle the phone between your neck and shoulder.
- Sleep on your back or side, not on your stomach.
- Invest in a good chair, pillow and mattress. It's worth it!
- Have regular spinal check-ups.
Back Problem Warning Signs
- Leg pain with numbness, tingling, and/or weakness.
- Back or leg pain with coughing or sneezing.
- Difficulty standing up after sitting for any period of time.
- Stiffness in the morning that decreases when you move around.
- Pain in your hip, buttock, thigh, knee, or foot.
- Inability to turn or bend to each side equally.
- Unbalanced posture, when your head, neck, or shoulder may be higher on one side than the other.
- Pain which prevents you from sleeping well.
- Pain that persists or worsens after 48 hours.
Pointing clients in the right direction towards a healthy, pain free, and productive
lifestyle is important to Dr. Mitch Ormond. Treating
most conditions is the easy part, its following through with the decision
to get a problem taken care of that is the hard part.
Call 416.598.4999, email Dr. Mitch Ormond , or drop by the clinic for more information. You can get specific directions to the clinic by filling out our Mapquest® form.
Find out more about how we can help with your individual health care needs. Appointments recommended.